Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Phew! More Cucumbers

Well, I don't have a photo, but I canned another 8 quarts of 3-day pickles this morning.  

Yesterday I picked another 27 cucumbers and will be gifting those to others for now.

Yesterday I picked 2 pounds of broccoli, blanched and froze that too.




These are all previous, and very hot (in the 100's) canning days.  I took the beet juice and used it to dye some material.  It's not the color I was looking for, so I may try tea-bags next, along with canned blueberry juice.

The kids hand cranked the ice cream on one of our hottest days - 102°, heat index up to 115°.  They were sweating, but really enjoyed the ice cream.  Delicious! 

As you can see, we are back to up and running with a new computer tower, and a bit poorer in the pocket book. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Glad you got your 'puter back up and running! I bet the kids really enjoyed their ice cream!