One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Phew! More Cucumbers

Well, I don't have a photo, but I canned another 8 quarts of 3-day pickles this morning.  

Yesterday I picked another 27 cucumbers and will be gifting those to others for now.

Yesterday I picked 2 pounds of broccoli, blanched and froze that too.




These are all previous, and very hot (in the 100's) canning days.  I took the beet juice and used it to dye some material.  It's not the color I was looking for, so I may try tea-bags next, along with canned blueberry juice.

The kids hand cranked the ice cream on one of our hottest days - 102°, heat index up to 115°.  They were sweating, but really enjoyed the ice cream.  Delicious! 

As you can see, we are back to up and running with a new computer tower, and a bit poorer in the pocket book. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Glad you got your 'puter back up and running! I bet the kids really enjoyed their ice cream!