Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 25, 2011

Cucumbers and Zucchini

I sliced up yet more cucumbers for another batch of 3-day pickles. 
 
I also canned 2 more jars of zucchini relish (Thank you Candy!  We love your recipe).  Our green peppers are coming in fast with all this rain.  However, the rain is killing off a few zucchini plants and cucumbers.

I picked 2 nice sized Kohlrabi, which will make another nice garden Frittata.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

You are very welcome! That is also my favorite relish recipe! My cucumbers are just now the size of my pinky finger, maybe I can pick some later this week.