One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baking Bread

First, I have to share an iced tea we made.  It was very good.  We are low on green tea bags, so I boiled a pot of water, added these teabags:

2 of Jasmine Petal Green Tea
2 of Strawberry Pomegranate Herbal Red Tea
2 of Green Tea, Organic
1 of Green Tea, Honey Lemon Ginseng

It was what we call “Clean out the Cupboard” Iced Tea.  I let the teabags brew for about 4 minutes, removed them, and added them to a 1 gallon picture.  I added two scoops of sugar, and mixed until the sugar was dissolved.  I then filled it up with water, and enjoyed.  They kids loved this flavor we concocted.

Yesterday, was also day 1 of making homemade bread. Although the dough did not rise enough, the bread was very delicious.  I am using whole wheat bread flour from the local mill.  


With grocery prices rising, it's necessary to start making my own bread.  I did not have saran or plastic wrap either.  The pioneers didn't have it when they made bread, so I used a wet towel to cover my dough.  



3 comments:

Candy C. said...

Hi Kristina!
I left you a recipe on the MJF - Farm Kitchen - Baking Whole Wheat Bread? thread.

Candy C. said...

Hi Kristina!
I left you a recipe on the MJF - Farm Kitchen - Baking Whole Wheat Bread? thread.

Deborah said...

Girl, you are awesome. I love to make things from scratch. The tea sounds so good and I love homemade bread. Thank you for this post.

www.LittleUtahFarm.Blogspot.com