One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Homemade Egg Noodles

Our homemade egg noodles are
in the drying process.  I did get some advice from my Aunt, who told me to make sure they are completely dry before cook with them.  I decided that I will store the dry noodles in canning jars.


I used my pizza cutter to cut the noodles and it worked great.  I am going to experiment with thick and thin style noodles.  And no, I don't use a noodle maker (yet).  I mixed, and rolled these with a rolling pin.

The pioneers, may have opted to hang noodles to dry them.  I will be flipping my noodles during the drying process to avoid any possible mold.

We cut the noodles into thinner strips, after the above photo was taken.

No comments: