Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Baking ~ Cherry Tomato Focaccia ~ Make Your Own Cream Cheese

While I wait for my dough to rise, I did a bit of reading.  I located a recipe to make my own cream cheese.  Since I have cheesecloth and dried herbs on hand, and even organic yogurt, it may be the next recipe to try.  It sure would eliminate any extra additives I'm putting in our bodies with store bought cream cheese.

I'm also trying a new recipe to use a pint of my cherry tomatoes, letting nothing from the garden go to waste.  I am baking Cherry Tomato Focaccia, which I located in the book, The Heirloom Tomato book, written by Amy Goldman.  I am using organic agave instead of sugar for the recipe.

The kids, and my husband, keep asking if I am making another Zucchini pie.  It must have left a good impression on them.  They have asked for another one since they tasted it last night.  Yea for allrecipes.com for their wonderful recipes.

Today is board game day, so Horse-opoly is on the table today. For those who were not interested in playing, they are reading books.

No comments: