One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, January 25, 2010

New Recipe - Kale Chips

Yes that's right!  Chips made from Kale!  I'm putting the first batch in right now. 


Okay, I am back with a photo and an update.  These are so DELICIOUS!  The kids are fighting over them.  I will have to hide some for my husband to try.  They are a delicate crisp chip with a slight broccoli flavor.  I used olive oil on my Kale chips and used the recipe from the Clean Eating Magazine.  

This is definitely staying in the family recipe book.  It's a great way to get kids to eat vegetables in their school lunches.  Yum!  I'm so glad I found this recipe.

The link in this post will direct you to a similar recipe.  I tore my leaves into bite size pieces and brushed the oil top.  I didn't measure my salt I just "eye-balled" it.

No comments: