Skip to main content

Crochet Book Blanket Granny Square

 

It's not hard to believe, that I had every single color of yarn to match this book cover.  I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.  I'm still two crochet granny squares behind, but I'm not going to stress over it.

The heat wave continues.  Not sure if our greens will survive this one or not.

Comments

Sandra said…
Love this, I also started this last year and it's been fun crocheting a square for each book ♥
It is terribly hot here too, but we are getting so much rain in the afternoons that things are growing like crazy.
Anne in the kitchen, you are very blessed to be getting rain. We are not. The grass is dying here, it's that dry and hot. Last year this same time, we were hauling in loads of greens in baskets and other garden goodies. This year? Not one thing is being harvested. We really need the rain.
Sandra, I actually started mine in December of 2024, and had plans to finish it by the end of 2025. Ha! I am still working on it, but it has been fun using up scraps of yarn, and making us a beautiful blanket in the process. Not to mention fun to really match the covers of the books too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart