Skip to main content

Homemade Four Thieves Household Cleaner Spray ~ Homemade Window Cleaner Spray

I said we were getting a "slight" warm up, but it's a smidgen of warmth.  The temperature today is 0°F with a windchill of -11°F.  The wind has settled, but they are saying we may get a teensy bit more snow.


Oh boy!  Why I cannot have magazine subscriptions.  I used to LOVE getting magazines from my Mom, after she read hers.  I haven't had magazines around since Mom passed.  I picked these up at the library book sale for free, but that was a year ago.  The magazines are all Cook's Illustrated magazines.  I have moved them from kitchen table, to end table, to coffee table and back to kitchen table.  Sigh.  The magazine shuffle madness must end!  I am forcing myself to get thru them, and pass them on.  Good grief.  However, it is part of my "take back the organized house" mode I am currently in.

Is there something you "shuffle" around for one reason or another?

On to the cleaners part of the post. . .


 I have been using a homemade cleaning spray for a few years, but for some reason, could not find my original post on it.  I have mixed up another batch this week, and I love this for the counter tops, and especially the stove top.




The "thieves" recipe is online with Mountain Rose Herbs - Thieves Household Cleaner.  I use an amber glass spray bottle for this cleaner.  I do use distilled water for this one.


Before (see the grease on the vents?)

After being cleaned.

It smells great, cleans great, and cuts the grease on the stove top.  I have not used it for anything else in the house.  Mostly bathroom sink counter tops, kitchen counter tops, door knobs, light switches etc.



The other homemade cleaner, that I absolutely love, is the homemade window cleaner.  It's very easy to make and oddly has arrowroot powder in it.

It has not failed me in keeping the windows or mirrors clean.  Love this stuff.  I have no idea which friend shared it with me, but they are blog writers, so here is how to make the window spray . . .

I buy a BPA re-fillable spray bottle for this spray.

Mix the following ingredients in a spray bottle.

1/4 cup white vinegar

3 Tbsp. rubbing alcohol

1 tsp. arrowroot powder

3/4 cup distilled water

I do use distilled water for this cleaner as well.  We have well water, and it's not the best for a cleaner such as this.  I double this for a large spray bottle.  It's great for windows and mirrors.

Homemade Four Thieves Household Cleaner Spray ~ Homemade Window Cleaner Spray  ©  January 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
I love thieves essential oil so I will definitely be using this recipe for cleaning. Thank you so much. I don't move things around too much and I'm just trying to get rid of some things...again. How does it accumulate so fast.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Betsy, I am still going through some Christmas items to donate. I have got to get them delivered soon, but this weather here is screaming "stay inside" ha ha ha! You are welcome for the cleaner info. I love the thieves cleaner to clean the stove top oil/grease or just clean it over all. Plus counter tops etc.
HIBISCUS HOUSE said…
I had to laugh when I saw the magazines. I've got a sofa in the living room that is quickly filling up with some that are still coming. I've stopped subscribing to so many now, just need to actually read them. Thanks for the cleaning spray instructions, I need to save some money and make some for here. Great post as always! xoxo Dolly
Dolly, it's crazy how I just cannot sit down and get those magazines a look-see and read. Sigh. I will be tackling that, and passing them on to someone else soon. We love the cleaners. I do buy distilled water, only because we have well water here.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart