Skip to main content

Blogger and Issues

 I am having issues with stalkers, hackers, and now my blog is somehow being shared to a website with a lot more views than it should be getting. 

The analytics are being installed now to see where the numerous views are coming from and why.

It may be the end of this blog, and possibly starting a newer one elsewhere, or ending this one all together.

If any of my followers have insight on other ways to track the views (and locations specifically), and how to get that done, I would appreciate it.

Thanks if you are able to comment any assistance on these issues.  Specifically, more information on who is viewing and for where.  

Until next time, and maybe not until next time.  I loved writing this blog, and it started over 20 years ago, and mostly all about growing our garden and self sufficiency.  I included handiwork, and sometimes other misc. info, but to cause me this much headache is not worth the time and effort any longer.

Comments

Katie C. said…
Will you post the new blog name here please?
Firstly, I have it set that only those with google accounts. That really cut down on the “anonymous” spam comments. In settings, my blog is no longer open to search engines. It’s private. That cut down on the bots. Last resort would be keeping your blog and having it closed to custom readers (like me) I’ve thought about doing that before. You would need everyone’s email.

So far the only issues I’m having with blogger is mostly technical.
Don’t shut down without letting us know in advance. I would miss you.
No idea how to help you. I used to be able to tell where the views were coming from but no longer. You could always make it private and invite viewers to be able to see it.
Leigh said…
Oh dear, that's concerning. I've always used statcounter although I confess I haven't checked it in awhile. It give the time and location of visitors, which of your pages they visited, their operating system and browser, along with incoming and outgoing links (if applicable).
Jackie said…
I do hope you find whatever is causing this, I don't comment often but always read.

God bless.
Go to your blogger dashboard and check your Stats. I do not pay much attention to who reads etc...
First, thank you all for the advice, help and assistance. I think (whew!) I have figured it out, and today the blog is back to normal. I will be looking into that stat counter too Leigh, and checking to make sure I have it set to google account folks as well. I will be watching it and see how it goes.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart