Skip to main content

Mrs. Bird

 Mrs. Bird has been doing a lot of singing.  I almost (almost) got a picture of her.  Thankfully, she's singing and not squawking.  As long as she's already in the nest, she doesn't bother me at all.  Once I water the flower pot however, bam!  She really gives me a good talking to.




Check this out!  Could another bird be laying eggs in there too?  I took this photo on June 7th.

Mrs. Bird has inspired me to add a book to my bookshelf.  More on that later, but it's in the line up to read this year.

Meanwhile, the rain has been a blessing for the garden(s).




Comments

How sweet that will be when the eggs 🐣 hatch.!
Betsy said…
Wonderful! I love hearing the birds in the mornings as I'm reading.
Blessings,
Betsy
All our baby birds have left the nests, except for the mockingbirds. They have 3 broods a year and are not happy that we actually go outside. We try to stay clear of where they build, but the have different nests for each brood. No worries though. They let us know if we are too close.
R's Rue, I can't wait to see what the babies look like.
Debby @ My Shasta Home, it has been a very interesting porch this year, ha ha!
Betsy, I feel the same too, and wrens have such a beautiful song too.
Anne in the Kitchen, I keep seeing red winged black birds around here, and pray I don't get too close to anywhere they have a nest. They are very protective.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart