Skip to main content

Book Blanket {post #2}

 


An updated photo of my crocheted "book blanket" for this year.

We are 6 months into the year, and obviously (he he!) I am not even to a halfway point on this blanket.  Sigh.  I'm squeezing in reading time when I can.  The blanket is about 67 inches long, if that helps give you an idea on the size it will be.

In the beginning of 2025, I dedicated a hand crocheted granny square for every book I read this year.  The granny squares are crocheted with scrap balls of yarn, matched the best I can, to match the colors of the book cover of the finished book.  The granny squares are then attached, one at a time (join as you go) with a unique stitching.  We are absolutely loving how it's turning out.  

You can read about the first post about this blanket HERE.

Book Blanket {post #2}  ©  June 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

R's Rue said…
I love it. You are so talented. God bless you. Hugs and many blessings. xx.
R's Rue, thank you! Blessing to you too!
Betsy said…
The blanket is looking great and is a perfect way to use up scrap balls of yarn. If it takes longer than a year, oh well? It's yours and will get done when you finish it! Enjoy the process.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Thanks Betsy, I just got back to reading books again. I don't often make something for us either, so it's been fun too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart