Skip to main content

A Year of First Times ~ Surprise Weekend Visit

 I got the chance to go on a new outing, and with a surprise outing with one of the kids.   I was over joyed to get out of the house and do something fun.  It really has been a year for "first" times for so many things, and it is bringing me (us) pure joy, adventures, and fulfillment.  Big or small.

First, I received gifts!  A bag, new Spring bathrobe, garden gloves and a coffee mug.





The garden gloves are touch screen, so I can keep them on to use my cell phone if needed.  They work too!  Fit great! Love them!

Oh, and here is the "first time" part of the special day. . .we went to a coffee shop that we have never been too (first visit).  It's been open for many a year or so.  It's small, quaint, and oh boy, sells used and new books (gulp!).  They also sell locally made crafted items as well.


I got to try hot and iced coffee flights for the first time ever!!  Oh my gosh, these were delightful.


My first ever blind date with a book.  I will have an update on this, when I read it.  How cool is this get up?

My new pen!





These were the teabags on each of our blind date books.  I got the mint and rose tea.

As long as the coffee shop continues to stay open, it will be a special place to enjoy in the future.  The coffee was spot on good.  The used books will definitely get me into trouble, as I have enough to read right now, ha ha!

We had so much fun, that we may plan another coffee adventure in the near future, and yes it will be another "first time" adventures.



A Year of First Times ~ Surprise Weekend Visit  ©  April 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Leigh said…
What fun! So many lovely surprises. You deserved a treat!
Leigh, thank you. I was so happily surprised. What a great day too.
I have never been to a coffee house with a flight. Now I want to find one!
Mother Em said…
What, say what? An early Mother's Day??? I've got to look for that watermelon tea. So glad you were able to get out-and-about!
Faith said…
such pretties & new teas to try
Anne in the kitchen, many locally owned coffee houses now offer tasting flights, and they are fun and delicous.
Mother Em, I am very intrigued with the watermelon tea. It was not on my book but my daughter's book. I'll have to ask her if she liked it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart