Skip to main content

49 Weeks Until Christmas 2025

I'm joining Anne in the Kitchen (blogspot - Cooking and All that Jazz ) with her Christmas countdown preparations and fun planning posts.

Preparing for the next Christmas season.  January is the best time to work on crochet Christmas gifts and/or ornaments.  My family has been overwhelmed with my gracious and over abundance of ornament making over the years.  I need to find another outlet for them now.  Maybe nursing homes?  Adult assisted living facilities?  

 We have located a non-gmo Christmas cookie sugar sprinkle for next year's cookies.  I had no idea they even made them, and our Menard's sells Watkins brands.  They make this in "green" too with no artificial dyes.


Current library book for Christmas possibilities:

Delicious Foods to Make and Give Homemade, by Judith Choate.  A good library find for holiday planning if you are doing so during these slower winter days.

It has many recipes and ideas.  However, what in the world would you use parsley jelly for ?


The book suggestion is for a glaze on poultry, fish, veal or lamb.  Honestly, I would rather dehydrate my herb garden parsley and use it that way.  Would you use the jelly?  Just wondering.  It is an odd recipe, and with sugar too.

I have printed and saved one adult game for our binder.

I have not yet tried any new recipes for the next holiday.

Comments

Carol said…
What an interesting idea to start planning now for Christmas. I do have some gifts purchased already though. I would not eat parsley jelly.
Carol, you had me cracking up laughing about the parsley jelly. I thought the same thing too. I'm all for making new useful condiments for gifting, but that one had me shake my head.
Faith said…
I have made a few so far for this year, they will be donated to the nursing home where my son works for the residents, they take just a moment or two to fashion up ( crochet). Bingo gifts or to hang in there windows.
Betsy said…
Parsley jelly doesn't sound at all good to me, although I do use dried parsley a lot when cooking.
I have two pair of socks in the gift bin for next Christmas already and I have another pair on the needles. I always like to get those done early on so I'm not stressed in trying to finish them in time. I have 11 pair to make this year for family that get a pair every year.
Blessings,
Betsy
Nope not thinking too much about next Christmas...I have one small next Christmas project to do and that will be it! Parsley Jelly...doesn't even sound good.
Faith, I think that is a great idea. I forgot about their bingo games. I donated some items last year. A gal volunteers for our area very small senior center, and works at our library. I may have a chat with her next visit, and see what they need.
Betsy, that sounds great with the gift ideas. I sure hope I get our home repairs to slow down. There may be a trial knitting socks going on here. I may look into a crochet/knitting group so I can get hands on advice too. Ha, I keep laughing , because you all say that parsley jelly doesn't sound good. I thought the same thing.
Far Side of Fifty, ha ha ha! I am thinking the same about the jelly. Just sounds blech.
Glad to see you joined in! I look forward to seeing how you are preparing!
Anne in the kitchen, thanks! I love to use winter time to do much of my handiwork for the next holiday, so we shall see how this goes. Not to mention experiment with recipes too, without gaining weight ha ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart