Skip to main content

Sunrise ~ Tidbits





I had a slow start to yesterday's chores, and was able to capture the sunrise, despite the fact it rained the entire day.  I'm glad I got to see it.  Although my front porch was covered in rain too, thanks to the wind.



Using homemade infused oregano oil is somewhat different for a sinus infection.  Instead of simply taking the oil itself by a dropper, my Dad taught me to drop a few drops onto a teabag, and heat a cup of medicinal tea.  It got me thinking, because this is the 2nd or 3rd time I was reminded oregano can be used to make a tincture too.  There have been some other herbs I ran across this winter, that I will be making tinctures with next spring.  So thank you to all of you for suggestions.  I know I will be dehydrating more goldenrod (some of my adult kids drink the teas too).

Three days now, and our handy-man has still had car repairs to delay is ability to work here.  If he can't commit, I plan to finish it all by myself.  Hopefully, I feel 100% better in a day or two.

In the meantime, my husband has gotten another baseboard heater removed (they are all in bad shape). He's installed a new heater.  He has replaced another outlet (most have already been replaced). 

I have not been into town (very small town) lately, and I am told that due to vandalism, they are removing the town's Blessing Box.  There have been problems in town with people's kids running a-muck, and being unattended causing trouble.  It's really sad, because I have been placing food and non-food items in the box.  







 

Comments

It is so sad when the actions of a few mess things up for so many.
Hope you feel back to your normal self quickly.
Betsy said…
I hope you'll soon be completely well. My throat is scratchy again tonight just when I thought it was almost over.
I hope your handyman gets his stuff figured out. He's losing a lot of money..
Blessings,
Betsy
Anne in the kitchen, many people in town are pretty upset. It is literally across the street from the town hall, so I can't believe they don't have cameras. Thanks.
Betsy, I sure hope you are over all of the sickness soon. Yes, the handyman is also in need of the money for more care repairs.
Debby, thanks. I was lucky to see it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart