Skip to main content

Chit Chat ~ Nourishing Nail Oil


We paid our handy-man a partial payment the other day, and low and behold, he never showed up yesterday.  I did get some rest however.  One the of kids wanted to deliver something late, and they didn't show up until almost 8:30pm.  It may sound early to you, but when you are under the weather, it's early.

I've been drinking goldenrod tea, and taking our homemade Four Thieves Vinegar.  The Four Thieves seems to help the annoying cough that developed after everything else.  Thankfully, I have kombucha and other probiotics in stock too.

After speaking with someone who works for a hospital, if your "what feels like" a sinus infection is viral, they do not prescribe antibitiotics.  I'm watching my symptoms closely.   I also talked to someone locally who has the same symptoms, and they too, thought it was a sinus infection (from the severe early on miserable pressure).  It was not.  Again, watching myself closely, but things seem to be better overall (just not completely gone).


(photo from google)


Meanwhile, funny how the small stuff can make you feel so happy and at peace (maybe accomplished is the right word).  The UPS guy delivered a part I ordered for the refrigerator.  We replaced our refrigerator 10 years ago, when ours stopped working.  The kids literally broke the cheese/butter (slides up and down) plastic door at the onset.  I, at the time, was consumed with raising kids, that I didn't think to replace it, nor even thought I could.  It was just never registered on the "important list" or even the to-do list.

We got tired of the butter slices falling out every time we opened the refrigerator door.  I went online and ordered what I thought would be the right replacement door.  We both asked ourselves why we never thought to fix that issue. Wa-la, it fit perfect.  No more butter falling out.  

Other "to-do's" are being adding to the growing list, as I recover from this bug.  

You know what else I am hearing?  That some people are going to work sick, because they are out of sick days.  I guess I better work on my immune system if I want to get back to the stores again.  Sheesh.



From an old blog draft . . . 



I made some homemade nourishing fingernail oil (started using it on 11/13/24).  I realize my nails get a work out with outdoor work, and decided I needed to give it a try.  You can find many youtube videos on making this oil if you are interested. I hope to have an update post down the road.

.

As for the current room repair project, we'll see if we can gain some progress today.  

I'm hoping to feel better very soon, as I am pretty sure my husband is tired of sandwiches.  I promised him a meatloaf dinner at the beginning of the week, and well, that did not happen.

Chit Chat ~ Nourishing Nail Oil © December 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
It sounds like your remedies are helping a lot and I'm so glad. It's miserable to be sick, especially this time of year when we're busy with holiday preparation.
The doctor decided my sinus thing was bacterial so I've been on antibiotics for a week now. Who knows? I'm still coughing and now my ear is "weird". Merry Christimas to both of us! :-)
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Good to hear that you are feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart