Skip to main content

Crocheted Face Scrubbies

 My go-to porch project, and car trip project has been crocheting "face scrubbies."  Initially, these were made and sold at craft shows, but brought in very little cash.  They can be used to wash your face, used to help remove makeup with face soap, or used to apply facial toner.

They are environmentally friendly to use in place of cotton rounds for face toner.

I made a few with scrap cotton yarn for myself, and tucked them into our travel case for traveling and camping, but decided to make several for the master bath.

I was purchasing 100 count cotton rounds, which are not that expensive, but I do use 56 a month.  The cotton rounds are about $2.38/100 pack, which is slighty over a pack for every two months.  Not a huge savings, but a savings no less, and nothing goes in the trash.



I use my clothesline to save on electricity, and I also have a small clothesline indoors, as well as drying racks.



Years ago, I made these reusable face pads using scrap fabric on one side and re-purposed flannel sheets on the other side.

 I no longer have a stash of scrap fabrics, but I do have more cotton yarn.  I will be making more of the crocheted version, for the other bathroom.

They can easily be hand washed, or put into a delicates wash bag with zipper.  Patterns for the crochet rounds are all over the internet, and with different patterns.

I haven't worked on any other handiwork lately.  The garden has kept us very busy.  The heat also plays a part if if I'm working on anything handiwork related.

Something I learned:  I just learned that some restaurants mix pancake batter in scrambled eggs to make them go further, and make them fluffier.  I was floored when I heard this, but I'm guessing it's just iHop who does this.  Our locally owned places here do not.  I find it crazy, as some people who think they are getting just eggs, and may have allergies or health issues, do not know this.  We do not eat at iHop, but sharing.

Crocheted Face Scrubbies  © July 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Shug said…
Not only is this a fun project, but very useable. Such a great idea. I would love to know how to crochet, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Crocheting seems so relaxing! Seems like Ihop would need to list the ingredients in their eggs as the batter could sure add sugars for someone who is a diabetic. Glad to know this. We do not eat at IHop, but glad to know.
I make face and dish scrubbies to give away. I do sell a few at a consignment shop. I prefer a washcloth...but that is just me. That is bad news about the scrambled eggs...just think of the Gluten Intolerant people??
Shug, it was a shock to me, but then again, some food chains cut corners.
Far Side of Fifty, I used to sell my dish scrubbies, soap saver bags and jar grippers in a local museum gift shop. They no longer sell them for me. I do perfer a washcloth, but I crochet my own in black yarn for make up. Some people prefer the small rounds for make up removal. I like them for camping and toner.
Those face scrubs look good, never heard of mixing pancake batter with scrambled eggs, I wonder what it tastes like
Jo-Anne's Ramblings, not sure what it would taste like, but for people that are diabetic or have gluten issues, it is very bad for them not to detail the ingredients.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart