Skip to main content

Camping/Traveling Cooking (Seasoning) Tip

 I just found these resealable, airtight, food grade spice bags (online, Amazon).  Obviously, you can seal them if needed, but I do not.  I wanted something to easily pack seasonings for traveling.


(These packets are about 3 inches wide)

They are perfect for taking seasonings, and homemade mixed grill seasonings, for camping or traveling.  These packets are much sturdier than using snack size ziploc bags or snack bags.

If you are renting accomodations, that provide a working kitchen, or grill, these are great for packing spices, seasonings etc.   We once rented accomodations, and took seasoning already mixed up for a specific baked chicken recipe.

These are great to take to picnics, or if you are the grill cook at another get together too.  

Often times, eating a burger at a restaurant can be under seasoned or not seasoned at all.  We've decided these packets were perfect for taking some homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning in, while dining out for a burger.

If you are taking more than a few for camping, hang a piece of string and use clothespins to hold each packet in the kitchen area of the camper.  Just an idea for campers.  Of course there are magnetic spice bags and containers too, but our camper lacks the areas for magnetic anything (including the fridge).

Note: We do not keep any food of any kind inside the camper, unless we are actually camping.



Comments

Jo-Anne's Ramblings, yes, and more sturdy than ziploc or similar bags.
Betsy said…
That's a great idea. I usually keep a few spices that are used often in the camper during the summer. Since we try to go out every couple of weeks that works out well. Of course, in the fall EVERYTHING resembling food comes home. Anything I can do to keep pests out is good.
Blessings,
Betsy
Thanks Betsy, our camper we have now is pretty small, so not much space for storage.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart