Skip to main content

On a roll until we had no AC!

 Success!  If you were reading my blog, do you remember my new list of 7 areas (these are all in plain sight) to clean up/purge/ put things back in their homes?  All of our set backs were making me depressed, so I dove full speed ahead into my list.

I have now checked off 4 of those 7 areas, and it has been heaven to wake up and start my day.   I would otherwise get side tracked, or be outside.  Anyway, my kitchen is back to neat and clean, and tidy.  I filled the truck with more donations (can't believe I found more stuff).


I even washed the tablecloth!



I have gifted these a few times, and they were well received.  They are sturdy, and hold notepads, you can buy at Wal-mart or the Dollar Tree.  I glue a magnet to a pen, so the pen stays on the fridge too.  I will not glue magnets to the pens until I gift these (so the pen does not dry out).  You can get the full instructions:  HERE (on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot).




In the process to clean off the kitchen table, and my computer desk area, I had craft projects that needed to be finished, and put in craft show totes (or boxed up for gifting).

I finished that pair of crochet wired beaded earrings.  I finished a pair of crocheted candy corn earrings, I finished the wedding penny (and created packaging for it), and I finally got the magnets glued to the backs of the small clip boards (for fridge shopping notepads for gifting).

My Word on my computer stopped working, so I used an Avery template with 2 x 2 stickers I had on hand, and put them on cut pieces of card stock for the packaging.  I also had the resealable bags and safety pins.   It felt great to get all of this done and put away.  I was temped to make a few more of the wedding penny crocheted flowers, but put those supplies away until the list of "7" areas are done.  

By the way, the penny flower can be given with other poems about a "lucky" penny.  It doesn't have to be a "wedding" penny.  That is just what I needed it for.  Pattern is free on YouTube.

My husband intentionally took the weekend off but, he needed to mow.   Today, all I wanted him to do, was install the upstairs AC.  Instead, he insisted we remove the main window unit downstairs, hose it down (literally, and have no idea why), and put it back in.  However, the unit will not work, as he got something wet he shouldn't have.  He's tried to dry it out, and what not, but to no avail, we are roasting in this house.  

I won't be working so hard today, and maybe not tomorrow.  I may be opening windows and buying some fans.  We don't really have the cash to buy a new unit after the $4400.00 we spent to repair the truck.  Lord have Mercy on us, more so my husband, because I'm not a happy wifey right now.

Toodles, and Happy Sunday!

Comments

Debi said…
You are really making progress. It will be worth it when it's all finished. It must be so frustrating for both you and your husband to have such irregular working hours. Hopefully, it will end soon.
chipmunk said…
Oh wow, a really bad time for your AC to break. We had that happen to us about 8 years ago, and I remember trying to sleep with a couple of fans blowing directly on me. It was actually a major pleasure to go to work where there was air conditioning.
Jackie See said…
Kristina, oh my gosh!! The workload can be so heavy. I have prayed for your husbands safety and his coworkers safety having to work all those hours of overtime. And now without ac to rest with at home? It was 89 degrees F this morning at 8am on our covered patio. Our high here in the Ozarks is expected to be 98. I am afraid I would be at the creek all day, floating around on an innertube! I have read all your posts but haven't commented for a while now. I have had to accept being immobile and in pain as I await hip replacement and then follow with 3 disk fusions in my lower back. I knew my body was getting more pain but I fought it as best I could for as long as possible by refusing to have anymore xrays and instead ask for pain injections to buy me time. It was worth it, as I even sky dived last year! But we all run out of time and my bones decided to take me out about a month ago. I am basically walking on a broken hip with no pain medication. I am now a drug dependent invalid that knows exactly when my 2 500mg tylenol, naproxen or ibuprofin is ready for the next dose. Along with muscle relaxers to sleep at night. It seems I am high risk for infection and also have a heart issue so surgery won't be until august 17th. I am grateful that I was able to enjoy spring in the Ozarks and to be present with the nature around my home. I worked my butt off and now I can sit in my chair or lay in my bed and see the fruits of my labor not the constant 24/7 list of to do's. Hang in there, I will be listening! ~jackiesee~
Debi, it is very frustrating. The chickens need a new coop badly, and I told him I might as well re-home them at at his point. He is still promising me we'll get it done.
Chipmunk, we finally got it working again, and hoping it continues to work the rest of the season.
Jackie See, I sure hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine the pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart