Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

 Due to a "stop and drop" that we did on Sunday, so we could go do something fun for ourselves, work rolled into the week full blown.  By stop and drop, I mean stop working, and drop the tools and go do something fun.

We are getting great weather for clothesline drying, so that is a bonus, but it's been one of those weeks.  In order to take the laundry outside, I had to go get the leaf blower and blow all the helicopters (from the maple tree) off the back patio, so I didn't drag them back inside.  It has been a start to the week like that - have to do something before I can do the actual job on the to-do list kind of week.




More spring blooms.


Questions~

If you own a cordless, rechargeable stick vacuum, with detachable handheld vacuum (with canister on top), which do you recommend?  We are almost carpet free.

I have searched reviews for days now, and I like the black and decker, but the reviews are not good.  I really don't want a Dyson.  I would prefer not to shop on Amazon either.  

I may just have to venture out and check Lowes, Menards, Home Depot and such, and I may have to just buy a good hand held vacuum separately.   Any thoughts?  I am looking for one to handle the whole house and one that can stand up on it's own (no screws in our walls to hold it up off the floor).


2.  Does anyone have a good homemade sourdough sandwich bread recipe?  The kind I can bake in a bread pan not a round dutch oven?

Comments

Katie C. said…
I’m interested in the stick vac too so please post your results. Sometimes it’s just such a chore to drag out the heavy vac but with two house cats and two slobby people, we make a mess 🤣
3 years ago we bought an INSE through Amazon and have been pleased with it. Good customer service as well.
Jackie See said…
Good for you! I bet the fun and sunshine energized your body!! I have a 5 year old dyson re-chargeable made for pets. It was half off during a black friday sale and I only paid $150. I have replaced the battery ($24) and will probably order my first new filter this summer. I got it all from walmart on-line. I use it everyday, sometimes twice a day. We are outdoor people with animals so I suck up a lot of fine dust and grass clippings. It came with a wall mount as it does not stand by itself. It is the only quick vacuum I have ever had so I know nothing about other brands. It is very handy and sure beats brooms or swiffers. I also have a 10 year old rainbow vacuum, that I love. What I love about both vacuums is that they go under furniture and in between kitchen chairs, etc. I have had to replant most of my herbs, the darn rain beat them just as they were coming out of the ground. I am planting more flowers in my garden this year to attract pollinators. I can not believe the price of plants!!! Our mom and pop nurseries have pretty much closed and only leaving us the big box garden centers. Thank you for the info on the grow bags, I have patio tomatoes growing in them. I put the grow bags into a flower pot so that it looked like a patio plant and I have it on rollers so that I can push it out of the way when I need to. Fingers crossed!! Well, keep us informed on the garden progress and care, I like to learn from others! Keep on with the home redo progress as well. ~jackiesee~
Katie C, we are almost entirely carpet free now, so only one more room to remove carpet. Then we won't need the big sweeper, so I'm looking into other options.
Jackie, thanks, I will be looking up both sweepers. We are pet free for now, but will consider getting a dog after all the house renovations are done.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart