Skip to main content

Egg Soufflé ~ Couch Moved and Other Ramblings

 

It doesn't look like much, but I only make it once a year.  I got the recipe from a co-worker many years ago, when I was a Certified Travel Agent.  It's called Egg Soufflé, but we also call it "Christmas morning casserole."  Once our youngest found out I baked it, she was over with her boyfriend to get some.  I made it the day after Christmas this year.

Thankfully, while they were here....



They helped move the couch to the living room.  We are so happy to finally have it back where it belongs.  There is so much more work to do, to get everything back in it's home, and we are still waiting on the flooring transition piece to finish that and the rest of the trim.

The storm is over, and we are predicted to be up in the upper 40's or low 50's by later this week, but rain moves in.

I don't like to go out a lot during winter, so I attempted to purchase a desk top file holder for my office area.  Well, it was delivered and returned.  It had mold on it, and may have been opened and gotten wet.  Anyway, I will just add that to my shopping list for the next trip to town.

I was greatly disappointed.  It was a wooden handmade one, and matched the desk.  I will just keep looking for one to get that area organized.

I am all stocked up for what I sell at the museum gift shop.  They close for a month for winter, so I am ahead of taking them more.  I sell my dish scrubbies, jar openers and soap saver bags there.  I'm glad I am ahead of that, as I have no place to cut more netting to make more. 

I will be very busy over the next few months, sorting, and purging what goes back to where it came from.  I still need to print photos for the home journal, as we'll need those records of what we repaired in the living room.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.  It's always a crazy time for our family, and we are not done with repairs.  

Comments

Debi said…
It sounds like things are finally coming together a bit for your living room. I know it's been a long process with a lot of bumps in the road but it will be worth it in the end. Wishing you a calm week ahead.
Thank you Debi, we still have to move in end tables, lights and put decor on the walls.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart