Skip to main content

...from the handiwork journal

 

. . .I've changed my handmade washcloths.  The one on the left is my original pattern.  I absolutely love the new on on the right.  Stitches are not as tight, larger and love it for a "make up" washcloth when needed.  I hope to get more made to sell this winter.  The last time we stayed on the island, the owner had black washcloths with the word "Makeup" stitched on it.  Brilliant idea.



. . .finally found a simple pattern for offering an inexpensive item for kids.  Kids are always coming up to our tables at the craft shows, so these be perfect.  Friendship bracelets.  Crocheted with embroidery floss.  Pattern is from Whistle and Ivy online (she has 4 different bracelet patterns).  I got them free, because I am an email subscriber.  I used a simple style and with the tie on method (better for more sales to fit more sizes).


It's not much of a handiwork update, but an update no less.  It's been a busy summer here at the homestead.

Comments

Sandra said…
Love the washcloths, actually haven't made any in years. You've inspired me to pull the yarn out and get on with it.
Jackie said…
Never made crocheted friendship bracelets, but I have made tied bracelets out of embroidery floss.

God bless.
Sandra, I absolutely love this newer pattern. If I find out where I got it online I will share it.
Jackie, the bracelets are turning out great. I put one on my grand daughter to check for size and they are perfect for kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart