Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

I am so thankful I have my husband, and his full and complete support in life.  No matter what is stressing me, he is always there for me, even with this long, long hours at work.

He continues to work (coffee pot is pre-set for 4:15am) 12 hour days, 6 days a week, with about an hour to work and back.  If someone asks for his help with something, it needs to be super important, because he is exhausted when he arrives home.  He only gets one day off, and yesterday we had a date.

Many people also assume I have all the free time in the world, because I am not employed.  I'm frankly tried of explaining how busy I am lately as well.  Between the garden, the kitchen painting, herb garden, and flower beds, I am exhausted by 6pm.  Sunday was a well over due sanity saver day off with my husband.

Well, most of the day off.  We worked on a list of things that had to be done up until about 11:30am, and I got 3 things out of the garage we don't use anymore as well.



Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I will join up when she posts.


The weather . . .

Back to beautiful 70's.


As I look outside my window . . .

My herb garden is such a hot mess of weeds, and there is more to be planted in all of the gardens - vegetable, herb and flower.


Right now I am . . .

Getting ready to post this.


Thinking and pondering . . .

...about a long vacation next year due to the long work hours this year, the closing on the sale of Mom's house is tomorrow, not sure we'll get to go camping this year


How I am feeling . . .

Rejuvenated, but not looking forward to the next few weeks. There has been talk of my husband getting no days off now.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Leftover homemade blueberry pancakes, local blueberry sausages and organic coffee.


On my reading pile . . .

Haven't had time to read.


On my TV this week . . .

Smokey and the Bandit


On the menu . . .

-pork chops, home grown asparagus
-tacos, queso
-have no idea for the rest yet.


Looking around the house . . .

...so much to do yet


The to-do list . . .

-do a quick check on laundry
-floors
-paint
-start working in the utility room of what I can for now
-gather items that need loaded for another donation drop
-while paint dries, clean up back porch, plant in the gardens


From the camera . . .

Oddly, nothing


Prayers . . .

Our friend Aaron.  He continues to heal from on infection after surgery.

Comments

Jean said…
Hope your husband continues to get his one day off a week. Sounds like you have lots to do over there. Have a wonderful week!
Thank you Jean, so far he has to work the up coming holiday.
Luludou said…
You can both be tired with all the work at home and long work weeks for your husband.
Hope you both get a few days to rest.
Tracy dixon said…
My husband works long hours too and sometimes its 6 12s sometimes its 7 12s. He is exhausted when he comes in. You do not owe anyone any explanation. You do what's best for your family. Keep rocking on.
Thank you Tracy, I wish you were my neighbor and we could help each other out with these work hours, and have porch time...

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart