Skip to main content

Breakfast for the work crew and ramblings on the kitchen

 


My husband requested I make all of this.  Not my favorite for a breakfast (not the pie), but the crew at his work loves it - chorizo and egg burritos.  I also sent refried beans for anyone not wanting the meat.  I made the pineapple pie per his request, as his new boss (his new position) has never had a pineapple pie.  Yes, I cheated and bought the crust, but I'm limited to time.

I pulled 3 drawers from the desk area in the kitchen.  They are now painted, but I still have to paint the other cabinet.  I hope to get you updated photos soon.  The hutch is in my way in getting the other cabinet painted, so it may be a Sunday job, when I have help to move it. My husband didn't know I was going to do that (paint was purchased for the inside of the front door). He was very happy with it when he saw it.  The darker wood just felt so drably in the kitchen.  I also plan to paint the small wooden stand that holds my onions and garlic.

Daughter K left a futon behind.  A family member is taking it tomorrow.  One more thing purged.  I still need to create a free space upstairs for the treadmill.  It folds up and we can take the handles off to get it upstairs.  I'm anxious to get the living room started.  Garden season is coming very quickly.

I have only had time to clean the cubbies in one kitchen cabinet.  I'm trying to concentrate on the desk area, so I can get the computer back where it needs to be.  Once the living room project starts, I won't be able to get into, what I call, my writing room.

Most days are like this.  Literally, and that is not even putting clothes on the line, because today will be the first day to be able to do that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart