Skip to main content

Sunday Ramblings

 

A friend shared this photo of our Meijer store the other day.  It is just like 2020 now.  Not sure if people are hoarding or if supplies are slow coming in.

Photo from another friend (Meijer also, but another state)


We woke up refreshed with the time change giving us an extra hour of sleep.  I however, hope the state stops doing this.  It's frustrating with the quicker darker evenings, and less work time.



I went to Aldi's to stock up on quinoa.  It used to be $1.95 and it's now $2.75 (still cheaper than at the other stores). 




I was shocked at the new organic items they are carrying.  I haven't been there in a while.

A niece and her best friend are opening their own business - bakery/cafe.  I wish them well.  It's a tough time to be opening a business, with supplies high in price and the supply chains slow right now.

Well, my husband had to work today (again).  We were both up early, so I could pack his breakfast, coffee etc.  Today may be our last good weather day.  

Despite trying, we are forced to push our kitchen floor repair to Spring time.  I am sad about this, but maybe supplies will be a bit lower then.  I surely hope they are not higher.

Comments

Hummingbird said…
We don't gain an hour of sleep with fall back-we lose an hour.
Hummingbird, our state may stop doing the time change, and I'll be glad when they do.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart