Skip to main content

. . .from the handiwork journal



 . . . progress on one sleeve of the cardigan.  My husband was right.  I may not get it done until summer.  I sort of lost my mojo on this project.  Too many "irons in the fire" right now.



. . .started another rag rug for one shower.  The rug is using up bedding I had in the closet, which also helps clear out the closet a bit.  The very center brown color is actually an old apron.


. . .got all the scrubbies finished for the order I received (new color to work with)

. . .cut netting for scrubbies (cut all of this color)



. . .got more recipe card holders finished and a set of fridge magnets.  I got them packaged for any future craft show.



. . .making a bit of progress with these ornaments.  I just have to paint on the faces and add hangers.

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Love the rag rug, seeing it made me smile as I have been looking at some tutorials on youtube and have found several variations of a pattern when browsing some of my craft books.
Mother Em said…
Love your crocheted rag rugs. My Mother's father taught all his children how to make rag rugs. I still own some of the scatter rugs she made. I've tried my hand at one, but not knowing proper stitches, it tends to curl.

My Mom had a circle area rug in our living room which probably measured 12 feet or more that he, she and I worked on. Guess who got it when she moved in with one of my brothers? NO, NOT ME, but a sister-in-law who took everything that wasn't nailed down she could use or sell. Hope she doesn't read your blog, but OH WELL. She doesn't even live where the rug lies now. Mercy Moi!

Enough venting, huh. Have a great day.
Thank you mamasmercantile, there are many ways to make the rugs. I just rip strips of old material/bedding etc and crochet away.
Mother Em, that is so sad you did not get the rug. I tried making a braided rug one year and I had trouble with the shape.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart