Skip to main content

Random Tidbits

I decided to take a break from purging Friday.  I did a few tidy up areas, but focused on a day without dust (ha ha!).  I can't believe how many books I really had.  Oye.

I cleaned up part of the other kitchen table.  We have two tables, because I use them a lot during tomato season.  One way or another I want a Christmas gathering here too.  They are saying with the vaccine now, we should be back to almost "normal" this year.  

Anyway, I made room to cut more netting.  I've had a few requests for scrubbies and needed netting cut first.

I'm thinking about doing a give-away soon.  I think I can part with some things I found that I've just decided I don't want, need or will make. Maybe that will boost my spirits by making someone else happy?  I just ordered some shipping boxes from the usps store, so when they arrive I will post pictures of the give-away.


Here is a photo of the embellished paperclips I made with tiny crochet flowers.  I'll have to do some looking around to see where I found the pattern, but there may be similar patterns online too.

I used the last of my dehydrated mushrooms.  I am rotating the freezer/pantry pretty good this winter.  I do need to re-stock just a few items, but rotating well.

Last night we called daughter K.  She had a fun day in NYC and had more plans.  She said it was not crowded, but stores had limits on how much time you spent inside.  We then had two more calls with extended family.



 

Comments

Cockeyed Jo said…
The flowered paperclips are so cute!
Thank you Cockeyed Jo. I have no idea why the font keeps changing after I post. Hm.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart