Skip to main content

Moon ~ Weekend Work


Kingsley is an early riser, and when I took the dogs out I snapped some photos of the moon yesterday morning.

After hearing suggestions to put the website on my scrubbie packaging, I came up with an idea.  I have address labels.  I'll print the contact info on them and slap them on the backside of the cardstock.

It's another weekend of working on the hallway.  We are praying for no interruptions this weekend.  We'd like a full weekend to finish up as much as we can.

We will have to split wood, because we need restocked before the snow storm rolls in too.

I already have 3 more purge areas to dive into next.  One being a top shelf in a kitchen cupboard.  Two is back to the utility room, and three is the entryway from hallway to garage (I still have a tote of goat milking stuff in there).



Ideas for revitalizing and energizing yourself:
6. Make use of helping professions
7. Keep track of our lonely periods
8. Find out what is controllable in your life
9. Be honest with yourself
10. Read about human growth.

 

Comments

Rain said…
Your Moon photos are pretty Kristina! And I love your tips on re-energizing. I can certainly use that these days.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Too much overcast and rain here to see the moon. So far, we've only gone through 2 cords of wood of the 6 we brought up close to the house. Still got about another six that we can hand split at the ready, but don't think we'll need that until next year.
mamasmercantile said…
Thinking of you and hoping that you had no interupptions and the floor is done. Great idea about details on the back of your toppers.
Cockeyed Jo, it has been cold here lately

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart