Skip to main content

Cold Weather

It's been cold here lately.  Like waking up to 16°F cold.  Brr.  Saturday was a wash as far as working on the hallway.  We finally had a Christmas with the grandkids.  There have been so many close calls with the virus at my husband's work, we haven't been going around too many people.

While out looking at new trim, I picked up new toys for the dogs.  I laughed so hard upon walking in the door.  King literally jumped up and grabbed a long stuff dog toy I had in a shopping bag.  He is so happy.  

Saturday morning, my husband and I had breakfast at a local restaurant that has been open for 75 years.  Good food, homemade and delicious.  We thought we wouldn't get a table, as it is small and a dinner type setting, but we did.  So good!  The best part?  I didn't have to cook nor do any dishes.

I got rid of 3 of the boxes of books I purged as well, while we were in that particular city.  Woohoo to that.

We picked up a blade to grind down any uneven cement areas, and some new LED lights for the garage.  Now we are in business to cut flooring and other wood in the garage.  We may need to do a propane exchange for the heater, but otherwise ready to work.  I will need to do something for a long window by the door.  I may also put sheers up over the blinds, but excited to do the upgrades.  I'm already thinking of some changes to do in the kitchen too.


Comments

Goatldi said…
Wow on a roll!

Iam so happy for you. Isn’t it nice to have positive projects to look forward to?

Looking forward to your next post 😊
Cockeyed Jo said…
Thee boxes is a good start.
Thanks Goatldi, I'm glad you are enjoying my posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart