Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Cold Weather

It's been cold here lately.  Like waking up to 16°F cold.  Brr.  Saturday was a wash as far as working on the hallway.  We finally had a Christmas with the grandkids.  There have been so many close calls with the virus at my husband's work, we haven't been going around too many people.

While out looking at new trim, I picked up new toys for the dogs.  I laughed so hard upon walking in the door.  King literally jumped up and grabbed a long stuff dog toy I had in a shopping bag.  He is so happy.  

Saturday morning, my husband and I had breakfast at a local restaurant that has been open for 75 years.  Good food, homemade and delicious.  We thought we wouldn't get a table, as it is small and a dinner type setting, but we did.  So good!  The best part?  I didn't have to cook nor do any dishes.

I got rid of 3 of the boxes of books I purged as well, while we were in that particular city.  Woohoo to that.

We picked up a blade to grind down any uneven cement areas, and some new LED lights for the garage.  Now we are in business to cut flooring and other wood in the garage.  We may need to do a propane exchange for the heater, but otherwise ready to work.  I will need to do something for a long window by the door.  I may also put sheers up over the blinds, but excited to do the upgrades.  I'm already thinking of some changes to do in the kitchen too.


4 comments:

Goatldi said...

Wow on a roll!

Iam so happy for you. Isn’t it nice to have positive projects to look forward to?

Looking forward to your next post 😊

Cockeyed Jo said...

Thee boxes is a good start.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Goatldi, I'm glad you are enjoying my posts.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo