Skip to main content

Bye bye "stuff"

 


Craft supplies are being purged now.  Gulp.  Sorry for the boring posts lately. The kids are grown.  I do enjoy making homemade Christmas ornaments to sell and gift, but I am letting some things go to another home.  I just found out about a charity that takes anything but items that has cloth on it (like couches, clothes).  They will even pick it up  I've taken note of that.  It may come in handy.

What I used them for - Handmade Christmas Ornaments (snowglobe)  And you can bet, I was going through craft supplies, and thinking up what else I could put inside those cute capsules as ornaments (before tossing in the box).  The capsules are only 1 1/4 inch tall, so you can imagine the work that went into that tiny snowman.


Old film containers left too.  I can't believe I still had these.  I, yes again, went to pinterest to see if I could make anything before tossing in the box.  I think I had saved them for when my husband was a leader for boy scouts.

So, is there one thing you bought during lockdown/quarantine online, and completely forgot about it? 

My husband and I were discussing the new coop.  I made the comment I would like to do it before we get really hot weather, because the way they built the coop we have now, it is a hot house in hot weather.  Then I realized, "wait, I think I bought a solar fan."  

Guess you spent the day looking for it?  It is adjustable and can even be used for camping etc.  I'm glad we had our discussion, or I'd not find it until we put flooring in the bedroom and closet.  Oye.



Comments

Rain said…
LOL...I forget nearly everything I buy because my brain is all over the place!! I think I need to do a little purging myself. I have about 25 yogurt containers that I actually packed and brought with me to the new house...they are still sitting there collecting dust!
mamasmercantile said…
Shame to have to let things go, but if you are not going to use them it is best to declutter.
Rain, I'm glad I am not the only one who forgets, lol!
mamasmercantile, it was time to let some "things" go, and the more memorable ones were taken to the antique dealer for a good home.
Carol said…
We all usually have areas we can purge in our homes. I think that some days I would like to just call someone to come haul it all off.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart