Skip to main content

Losing my Mind ~

Saturday was a complete disappointment.  I had plans.  I had been making plans for over a week.  Lists written out.  You know, like chicken feed....didn't happen.

My husband came home late Friday, and said he was working Saturday.  Not only that, but a 12 hour day.  Both girls gone.  No way to get chicken food.  

All week he's told me that Youngest can't drive her own car.  Told me he has no way to take care of her if she breaks down and she's at work (before looking at the car one last time). 

Proceeds to tell me, "take her car."  

"Um, what happens if I break down?"

"Someone will get you."  Right.  I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my mind stuck at home.  Seriously.  



Left to my own devices, I started a new project.  Mom told me she could not find a wine gift bag at the dollar store and most she did find were up to $6.95.  I whipped up this one and a few more over my Saturday home alone (crochet and the cooking show in pj's).

I also made breakfast for dinner.  I knew two people would be home about 8:30pm and hungry.  It's Southern Sausage Enchiladas with Sausage gravy.  Not something quick to make, but reheating for leftovers this morning?  Yum.




Comments

Bovey Belle said…
How frustrating. A wry smile here at it being OK for you to break down, but not your daughter . . .

That breakfast-for-dinner looks amazing - I'll have to look up the recipe. Nothing like that on our table in Wales UK!
Bovey Belle said…
P.S. LOVE that wine bag by the way.
Cockeyed Jo said…
You spent Saturday in your PJs and I spent Sunday in mine. Just didn't feel like getting dressed. My day wasn't as productive as yours though.
Bovey, thank you. I think the gift bag turned out great.
Cockeyed Jo, my husband (who knew I was feeling suffocated in the house) called to check on me. When he asked what I was doing, I told him crocheting, watching the cooking channel, in bed, in my pajamas. He just laughed and said, "good for you!" Ha ha ha!
Katmom said…
Kristina,, hang in there.. as we know,, 'We can do all thing, through Christ, who strengthens us!'...
Oh, and I LUV your crochet wine bag/tote.. did you just whip it up or do you have a pattern you don't mind sharing? wink wink..
Have a Blessed week,,
hugz
>^..^<
Katmom, the pattern is free online. I will look it up and share the location.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart