Skip to main content

. . . from the Gratitude Journal

Thankful the farmer's markets are opening.

Thankful the vet is opening.

Thankful I get my husband for 2 weeks at home.  So far we've mowed, moved brush, cleaned up the house, knocked down more wasp nests, and today we plan to work a bit in the garden.

Thankful for good music that boosts my attitude and personal well being.

Thankful for motorcycle rides.

Thankful for the amount of sunshine we are getting lately.


Upbeat news!  Our Senior High School Daughter, who has been so very depressed lately, reached out to fellow seniors and friends on social media.  She asked if anyone needed to hear positivity, to let her know.  She is mailing out her first 6 letters today and has many more requests already.  If you feel like donating to her cause, please email me.  She could use upbeat stickers to decorate the envelopes, stamps and envelopes.  I'm not sure how she is on writing paper, but I still have loose leaf in the school supply box.  If anything she can use the spiral notebook paper and cut off the side after tearing it out.  

These letters are not done on the computer.  She is hand writing them.  The first 6 letters are going out with some having floral stickers, and some with motivational sayings.  She has very much enjoyed writing the letters and it's keeping her mind off everything she lost this year.

She was so happy to have an old English teacher stop by and deliver her a basket of goodness, topped with a few helium balloons.

I am so thankful for those helping her get through this year.  My good high school friend is the one who suggested she find a way to help someone, and it's working.


Comments

Debby Flowers said…
The letter writing by your daughter is impressive! So few young people would or could do that!
Cockeyed Jo said…
Letter writing is an art form. A long,oft forgotten one. WTG daughter! The farmers market is closed for the year, it's income source will be missed.
Cockeyed Jo, thanks, I will tell her. Our farmer's market in one city is open due to the need for food in our area. Thankful for that.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart