Skip to main content

Some Good ~ Some Not so Good

Quarantine Day 24


Monday evening we let the kids roast weenies (non-gmo/beef) over a backyard campfire.  They were in heaven and I'm glad we could give them a bit of normalcy in all of this.

Finally found one bag of whole wheat flour, but it cost me dearly for shipping.  I'll go without after this, unless the stores restock here.

We got a text this morning from our friend who has parents on ventilators (confirmed cases of the virus).  Her father passed away early this morning.

Our youngest daughter has been having bad headaches, I have been dealing with a cough, and yesterday my husband got a phone call that he had been reported having been around someone with the virus at his work.  I had a mental breakdown last night, so I'm praying for a better day today.

We had bad storms last night, so everything is soaked outside.  Otherwise it would be a good day to do some garden work, cut wood or other work.

We picked up our masks and they are washed and drying.  Now our daughter who is working can wear one at work.  They have counter guards up at her work, have a limit of 40 customers (thankfully she works at a smaller store), and use gloves.

Comments

Dear Kristina,

I hope your daughter will be well, and all your family be healthy.

Here, in Hungary, we are just at the beginning of the epidemic, still many hopes and mistakes. Anyway, I believe we'd be through it, also.

Take care,
Szvetlana
Vicki said…
Praying for you and your family.
Sorry to hear about your friends folks. You are not alone in all this mess. Over the weekend & had bout of anxiety & depression. I've had a cough as well. Talked to the clinic 2 times, said it sounded like a common cold & to watch for fever & shortness of breath, though all should be well. You'll have a better day today.
mamasmercantile said…
My heart goes out to you, it is such a worrying time. You are in my prayers. Take care.
Cockeyed Jo said…
For better or worse, a new day will come Kristina. I too have had a nagging cough but no fever for two weeks now. I'm thinking it's my allergies though. The weather has been great here so I'm getting outside more. This helps immensely. There are rocky days ahead honey. Hang in there. You'll be able to tell your grands about the horrible virus of 2020 like my grandmother told me about the 1918 one.
Thank you for the prayers Vicki
Thank you Wildflower Adventures, I wish you well too.
mamasmercantile, thank you for the prayers.
Thanks Cockeyed Jo, I have been drinking nettle tea (thinking of allergies too).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart