Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Biscuits ~ Sewing ~ Planting

I was slow to get started yesterday morning, but so happy I could actually sleep in. 



I started the day with some hand sewing - fixed a pair of jogger pants.  Finally planted my heirloom organic lettuce seeds, and baked some biscuits for dinner.  These kids will never want to move out with all this home cooking (the older one who moved back in truly misses the healthy meals.  Especially breakfast, as it's never out of a box (or very rare).

Youngest learned how to make sausage gravy and was so proud of herself.  She now wants to learn how to make the biscuits.  I sure hope she really does.

I did my daily call to Mom.  She was feeling better than the day prior.  With our future so uncertain, I must call her daily for support.  I need the one on one time as well.

It's a chilly 29°F here this morning.  Huge change from our 60-70 degree days lately.  Not sure of what's on the list for today yet.

I'm pretty sure there will be zero craft shows this year, so I plan on putting items up for sale via the mail.  Packages can be sprayed or left 72 hours before opening.  I'll admit, my motivation for crochet and knit work is at an all time low though.  I have not started to knit the socks yet, as we've been working on jobs that haven't been done for years (which is a good thing).  

Unfortunately, one bakery (local in the Big City) is closing it's doors and it may be for good.  So sad to see local businesses go through this.  

I may need to try some new recipes to keep myself upbeat during this shut-in order.  Just depends on what the grocery store has right now.

3 comments:

RB said...

Praying with you for those whose loved ones have passed. A friend's 93 year old mother died in hospice, and they wouldn't even allow a viewing. Just cremated her. Don't know if or when he'll get her ashes. I wonder how many others will be facing such as this.
As for stores and businesses closing, I feel sorry for the small ones, Mom & Pop stores we call them down here because they're often run by elderly who have run them for decades. And the ones then destroyed by the tornadoes that ripped through the South. Seems like the Lord and Mother Nature may be fed up with us.
Best we can do is pray and believe in the Lord's love for us, His forgiveness and His control over all, including Mother Nature.
Lord, let Your will be done, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you RB

Henny Penny said...

The biscuits are so pretty and look delicious. I never learned to make biscuits. I've tried on my own but have never had one biscuit turn out fit to eat. :) My sister and I are worried about there not being any craft shows this spring. We usually do a couple in spring and in the fall. I have several things made but have totally lost interest in sewing, which is not good. Hope we all get through this virus thing safely and things get back to normal soon.