Skip to main content

Biscuits ~ Sewing ~ Planting

I was slow to get started yesterday morning, but so happy I could actually sleep in. 



I started the day with some hand sewing - fixed a pair of jogger pants.  Finally planted my heirloom organic lettuce seeds, and baked some biscuits for dinner.  These kids will never want to move out with all this home cooking (the older one who moved back in truly misses the healthy meals.  Especially breakfast, as it's never out of a box (or very rare).

Youngest learned how to make sausage gravy and was so proud of herself.  She now wants to learn how to make the biscuits.  I sure hope she really does.

I did my daily call to Mom.  She was feeling better than the day prior.  With our future so uncertain, I must call her daily for support.  I need the one on one time as well.

It's a chilly 29°F here this morning.  Huge change from our 60-70 degree days lately.  Not sure of what's on the list for today yet.

I'm pretty sure there will be zero craft shows this year, so I plan on putting items up for sale via the mail.  Packages can be sprayed or left 72 hours before opening.  I'll admit, my motivation for crochet and knit work is at an all time low though.  I have not started to knit the socks yet, as we've been working on jobs that haven't been done for years (which is a good thing).  

Unfortunately, one bakery (local in the Big City) is closing it's doors and it may be for good.  So sad to see local businesses go through this.  

I may need to try some new recipes to keep myself upbeat during this shut-in order.  Just depends on what the grocery store has right now.

Comments

RB said…
Praying with you for those whose loved ones have passed. A friend's 93 year old mother died in hospice, and they wouldn't even allow a viewing. Just cremated her. Don't know if or when he'll get her ashes. I wonder how many others will be facing such as this.
As for stores and businesses closing, I feel sorry for the small ones, Mom & Pop stores we call them down here because they're often run by elderly who have run them for decades. And the ones then destroyed by the tornadoes that ripped through the South. Seems like the Lord and Mother Nature may be fed up with us.
Best we can do is pray and believe in the Lord's love for us, His forgiveness and His control over all, including Mother Nature.
Lord, let Your will be done, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><
Henny Penny said…
The biscuits are so pretty and look delicious. I never learned to make biscuits. I've tried on my own but have never had one biscuit turn out fit to eat. :) My sister and I are worried about there not being any craft shows this spring. We usually do a couple in spring and in the fall. I have several things made but have totally lost interest in sewing, which is not good. Hope we all get through this virus thing safely and things get back to normal soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart