Skip to main content

Just Bits


We were told we'd get beaucoup amounts of snow, but we didn't.  Roads were very bad yesterday, so it was more of a stay-in-pj's kind of day.  

Woke up to 17°F (wind chill makes it feel like 5°F).

I put 15 more rows on the baby blanket and got another order for cup coasters (thankfully those are already made).  I sold all the bookmarks, so I have zero in stock right now.  That'll be restocked once this baby blanket is done.


I brewed nettle hair rinse.  


Today I need to make homemade "lysol" wipes with tea tree oil.  I am down to the last one.

School is delayed today, but for some reason neither one of us got the phone call.  

What's the cheapest, yet most useful tool available on Amazon to make zucchini noodles?  There are so many options and I don't want to buy something so big I have to make a new place to store another appliance.  I would love to hear your recommendations.


Comments

Susan said…
Kristina, I have the Original Spiral Life spiralizer ( not sure if that is the exact name), which is a handheld and small device. I love it!
RB said…
We had thick fog a day or so ago. It was weird. I couldn't even see the neighbor's house, and it's not that far away. Some schools in some NC counties were delayed, but I'm not sure it was because of the fog.
One thing about working on an afgan blanket is it keeps your legs warm while you're working on it.
I've seen those vegetable noodle makers at thrift stores for cheap, so you might want to try them first.
I think you can even use them to make fried potato strings somehow. I usually check Amazon first, just to check for customer reviews (because Amazon has a lot of those). And another thing I'd consider is getting one that clamps to the table and goes into your own bowl or container outside because if you get a contained one, I'd think a contained one is going to inhibit how much can be made at a time, cause remember, you can also use these to make fresh salads. JMO
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart