Skip to main content

Winter Journaling

....from the gratitude journal 

Five things that made me happy (yesterday):

1. music, it's pretty boring without it
2. Romeo, he's such a good dog and offers his love 
3. Getting things organized.  Makes me feel awesome.
4. Leftovers - soup beans were so good and I didn't have to cook, so I got a bit more done
5. Slippers.  They keep my tootsies warm while indoors.



....from the wine tasting journal 
Tried a new Pinot.  Expensive, but not that great as far as taste.  I use wine label removers to remove the label and then it goes in my wine tasting journal.




.....from the inspirational quote journal

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou




Nothing has gone into my "book reading journal" just yet.  I need to finish that book first.

Comments

Carol said…
I can barely keep up with my one journal and you are doing this many. I am doing an online journal of my reading so I will be sure to be able to look back at it.
Carol, I have a simple notebook I glued photos of books to on the front cover. I write the books I've read and a short comment about it. I love to write!
mamasmercantile said…
My goodness you have certainly impressed me with your journals.
Thanks mamasmercantile. I love to write, but don't make enough time for it. I also started journals for each kid when they were born, highlighting funny or odd or interesting moments in the lives. I forgot to give them their journals when they moved out, so they are piled up to hand out. I was terrible at keeping up with them, but I loved the things I journaled about them.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart