Skip to main content

Taco Night ~ UFO's

New Year's Eve we had tacos, and hot bean taco dip.  I had to refill my homemade taco mix, and since I had my bulk containers of cumin and chili powder out, refilled my pantry jars too.  



We spent New Year's Day taking down the trees and outside lights.  Totes were all put away too. Got it all done by 10am too.  


It was a blistery snowy, windy day New Year's Eve day.  I took advantage of it and cleaned out the fridge, and tackled one of my UFO's.  I am super excited to stay on task.  I got a lot of craft time on Wed.


I had the fabric done, but had to attach them to the burlap and glue them onto the jars.  The final product is on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.  

Sorry for the bad photo - took it before 5am this morning.

I'm thrilled to say I'm using fabric scraps that a wonderful lady mailed me years ago.  I am still using them for gifting.  I also used the embroidery floss for the gifts, which I won from a blog giveaway years ago.  I have more ideas using the scrap fabric as well.  


I finished this UFO as well.  They are tucked away in the right box for next Christmas or gift giving.

I am still working on the spool ornaments, but hope to have them completely done today.  We'll see.  I'm tackling cleaning and purging again.








Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Carol said…
It is wonderful to find the time to tackle some of these projects. I planned to take our tree down yesterday, but got a migraine and decided that I was just not up to it. I am hoping maybe I will be able to get to it today, but I have the grand doll so probably not since I have to go into the attic to get the containers.
Carol, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Susan said…
You are an inspiration, Kristina! I love those labels on the burlap - what a great idea for packaging homemade gifts!
Thanks Susan, now I need a tote to put them in to keep the dust off until next Christmas, lol!
Sam I Am...... said…
Happy New Year! I am in the mood to clean and organize too and finish up some craft items. New Year...Fresh Start! I love the jars and the keychains. Great use of what you have! That's the pioneer spirit!
HAve a great and productive day...again!
Mama Pea said…
Wow, you're off to a running start on the New Year! I haven't started to take down the holiday decorations yet and put up the "winter" ones. The project will take me a whole day and I'm procrastinating for all I'm worth! Am shooting for another day in my quilt room.

Love the labels on your jars. I may steal your great idea! Especially for gift giving.
Thanks Sam I Am, I'm filling the car up for a trip to Goodwill next.
Thanks Mama Pea, I am so thrilled to get so much done already.
Lady Locust said…
You are cruising! If you run out, I will lend you a few things from my UFO pile :-) (heehee)
Ha ha ha! Lady Locust you made me laugh!
Cockeyed Jo said…
I love the little motifs. Are they key chains?
Cockeyed Jo, yes those are keychains.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart