Skip to main content

Christmas Eve Bag

I put together a "Christmas Eve" bag for the grand kids this year.


Here's what's in it:





Cozy mermaid slippers for our grand daughter.



Cozy Christmas pj's for both, and elmo slippers for our grandson.

Fun stuff for them.

I'm still filling up the bag, he he!

Comments

Rain said…
That's such a cute idea Kristina! I think I'll do something like that for me and Alex...I love all of those Christmas classics, I watch them every year!
Anonymous said…
What a sweet idea. I may steal it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hope your leg is improving. Jean
Carol said…
We do a Christmas eve box for my grand and she loves it!
Mary said…
My mother in-law did something similar for her grandchildren, they loved it so much and even as adults remember what became for them a special tradition. Hope you are continuing to recover and doing well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Kristina!
Cockeyed Jo said…
I'd be hard pressed (financially) to do that for my ten grandchildren and one great-grand. They are all almost past this little kid stage. They seem happy enough to get Grandmama's homemade cookies/candies/goodies care packages.
Rain, it's a tradition in our house to wrap up and gift new pajamas every Christmas Eve, and open gifts in the morning in our pj's.
Thanks Jean, my leg is doing better too.
Carol, so glad your grand loves it too.
Thank you Mary, I am still on down time, so a lot of handiwork is getting done.
J.L. Murphey, I am wondering what I be doing if we do get more grandchildren. It would get expensive for sure.
Sam I Am...... said…
What a great idea! I thought of doing Christmas Eve boxes several years back but as usual I never got around to it. You chose some darling gifts to put in them!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart