Skip to main content

Tidbits

I got more of these crocheted.

Embroidered a kitchen towel for one kiddo for Christmas.



The bald eagles were out and about again.  The are out and about this morning too.

Thanksgiving meals are behind us now.  Time to get back to cleaning (utility room, bedroom), and get back to organizing the garage.  I'll be back to share a fruit salad recipe.  Not sure what Sunday will bring, as we are worn out from get-togethers, cleaning and cooking.  Family borrowed our truck to move, so it'll be an as-we-go day.  If the truck is returned, we may just get more wood cut.




Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Enjoy your day of rest. How wonderful to have bald eagles near you to watch. Like you said...just so they leave your 'critters' alone!
Lovely pics of the bald eagles. It's a rare site here in central Illinois unless we go up into the starved rock area. And thanks so much for sharing the seasoned salt recipe. I will definitely use it.
mamasmercantile said…
I have passed this comment before but the camper ornaments are a delight, they would make wonderful key fobs too.
Katmom said…
Oh Kristina,, we too have been seeing (more) Bald Eagles this year,,, up from the number of them in the past(in Spokane,WA)... and yes keep your hens safe!
We also have been visited on a more frequent basis,
from a Perigen (sp) falcon...

Also, LUV LUV LUV your sweet crochet Trailers! so Adorbs! I really need to learn (other than a single crochet stitch) to crochet..

Have a great week...
>^..^<
thank you Katmom! I may make some of those campers into keyfobs too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart