Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

It's closing in ~ Camper Christmas Tree Ornaments ~ Daughter's first paid hair cut

The holiday is closing in now.  It's time to step up and tidy up.  The overnight rolls were made and will be baked later today.  The ham will be cooked too.  There is a lot of turkey warnings going on, so I'm not even sure I'll eat turkey if it's brought here for the meal.  



Check out these cuties!  More are getting made.  I made a few for the first upcoming craft show.  Hubby and Youngest love them.  I'll be working on more color options too.

Oh my.  I have to share this, ha ha!  Hubby got his first hair cut from our Hair stylist-in-training.  He worked over, and got home late, but she was able to check out trimmers and sheers from her school.

He was yelling through the house for me to come sit in the kitchen and watch.  I literally sat down and he told me to leave.  I pulled out my phone and filmed our daughter working away.

He told me to leave again.  So I did.  Ha ha ha!

A few minutes later I hear, "Babe?  Babe? Where are you?"

I walk back out and sit down to watch him taking selfies on his phone, so I show him the video.  He immediately says, "You have to leave."  HA HA HA HA HA!  

He was apparently nervous to get his hair cut by her, and didn't know if he wanted me to watch or leave the room.  This went on and on until his cut was finally done.  

She did great too!  I do believe we have a hair stylist on our hands, and Hubby paid her for the cut too.  We both told her to start a savings for her future salon, and she agreed.  I sure hope she sticks with it. She has many talents, and has already earned her certificate to run tanning beds too.  She can do nails, hair, eye brows, etc.  She is really going all out for her first year.  We are so proud of her.  It's nice to know she can check out trimmers and sheers from her school, bring them home, do cuts, and return them for free.  It's great practice for her too.

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Just want to mention that I gave my husband a haircut (have been doing it for all the 55 years we've been married) yesterday and when our daughter stopped in and saw him last night she asked if his barber had been drinking. Hrumpf. Does your daughter make house calls? ;o)

mamasmercantile said...

Love those camper vans, such a great idea. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. How wonderful to have your personal hairdresser and stylist. Wishing her every success.

Leigh said...

What a good dad to let his daughter give him her first haircut! Sounds like he was more excited about it than she was, LOL Hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, thanks for the great laugh!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Leigh, same to you!