Skip to main content

Camper Cleaned ~ Crochet Time ~ . . . from the handiwork journal

The camper got a good cleaning, but we still need to clean the top canvas.  That's another day for us.





The floor was swept and mopped with my favorite cleaner.
Here are a few photos of some new items I crocheted for the upcoming Farmer's Market.  I've already sold a set of crocheted nesting baskets, and one pig ornament.


Crocheted nesting baskets.  The aqua baskets were sold.


Mug/coaster set, Harley Davidson inspired, with a removable motorcycle charm on the front.




Drink cups with lid and coasters to match.  A few more to make.



More mug and coaster sets. A few more to make.


Harry Potter Inspired Cup Cozies.  Woke up to find one gone.  Daughter stole it. Ugh. Kids.

More cup cozies to make, and possibly some crocheted earrings and matching necklaces.  It's just a matter of time.  The chicken coop needs cleaned, the tomatoes need checked, hot peppers and green peppers and berries need checked, garlic bed needs to be cleaned up and replanted ASAP......it's gonna have to wait until this market day is over (other than picking what needs picking).

I'm looking up info on how to get my tax ID to open my Etsy to the public.  I'm researching how to do the shipping costs too.  You never know, I may be trying it out for a year.  Stay tuned.  I'm a bit concerned on shipping the mug sets, considering I'd have to invest in packaging, so there's a lot to consider in everything.  

Hubby's cousin stopped in for a loooooong porch chat yesterday, so I lost time (although very much enjoyed her visit) with my handiwork progress.  Speaking of handiwork, I purchased a new canopy (ours broke a few years back), and bought a commercial grade one.  It arrived last week broken in two places.  Sigh.  I returned it, and they re-ordered it, with a discount.  We'll be giving it a try after the market day, but really needed it for the market day.  I'll be borrowing one until it arrives.  Then we'll take it camping to see how well it works compared to the flimsy cheaper grade ones we owned.

Comments

Love those crochet baskets. The gray especially. A skill I've never learned so I deeply appreciate those who can do it.
mamasmercantile said…
You certainly have been busy, it must have been nice to have a break on the porch with your cousin.
mamasmercantile, it was very nice to have a porch chat with family. I have always told Hubby I wished more lived closer for some coffee or tea on the porch.
Sam I Am...... said…
Cute items! I love the Harry Potter one! I can see why one was missing! LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart