Skip to main content

Mid week already

Are you wondering if I got anything new done yesterday?  Or if I put a chair on the porch and split open radish pods?

Nope.

Not a thing.

Nothing. 

Zippo.

Nada.

Why?  How did this happen?


Us.

Riding away with a beautiful sunset behind us last night.  Hubby surprised me.  With the temperatures in the low 60's, he took a half day off work and we took the Harley out.  We took it out all afternoon, and when his nephew found out, we rode to his place, and rode with him (oh boy, his wife was so angry with him too - she hates that he bought a motorcycle) until the sun began to set.  What a day.  Let's just say my cortisol levels are pretty low now.  It really is our road therapy - so freeing of all worry, stress, and anything else.  I didn't worry about what I wasn't home getting done, and the hennies were all out playing in the run, in the beautiful sun.

I not only took care of the chicks and gent, got the mail, fed the cats, etc etc, but I also did this.

I was quite surprised myself, but I think I had a prosperous day physically and mentally.

Today the weather turns on the sour side again, hence the ride yesterday.  We needed our tanks refilled before the nasty weather arrives again.  It's be a nice mid 50's today, but the dreary clouds and rain will be back.


Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Sounds like a lovely day, good for body and soul.
Mama Pea, it was so worth it too.
mamasmercantile, our rides are so freeing of everything negative. It just fills us up to handle more of winter. And kids.
Sandra said…
Sounds like a great time! We have to take advantage of those nice days, after a long winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart