Skip to main content

Camping Tips ~ Vintage Tablecloths

The weather is so nice right now, but I know Mother Nature could change that in an instant.  However, we took advantage of it, and grilled out last evening.  It was so nice to enjoy our porch too.

Just a tip on camping.  Camping was on my mind this past weekend.  We only got one camping trip in last year.

We typically have extra (cloth) tablecloths in our camper, and they are vintage ones.

We've discovered that they not only work nice to cover the picnic tables, but they double as other needs as well.

They work great for extra blankets on cold nights, they are great for placing on the grass for sitting, come in handy if you forgot towels for swimming or showering, help cover wet chairs or benches, and can be hung around the sides of an easy-up or camper awning, to block sun and wind. 

I love to shop for them when Hubby and I have the chance to do so.  We use them on the kitchen tables, and porch table's too.  I don't buy expensive ones, so it's not every year I find one to buy.  



A few more tips I came across that may help ease toting the food.  I typically cook my ground beef prior, but most of the time the entire pot of whatever to reheat over the fire.  We always bring bacon to cook for breakfast, but I wonder if freezing it (pre-cooked) would take the "fun" out of campfire meals and camping.  Hm. The kids love to cook over a campfire.

Collapsible  hampers work great to store in your camper.  Just pop it up, and put in a large trash bag for a trash bin.  They great to have for outdoor gatherings for potlucks etc. Just put a few around outside for convenient trash bins.  When your done, simply tie up the trash and dispose, and collapse the hamper for storage.

Comments

Jackie said…
Hmmm, I think I might do this for our camping trip this summer.

God bless.
Jackie one year our one daughter brought a friend camping and she had to use a tablecloth to dry off after a shower at the shower house.
Debi said…
Lots of good ideas, thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart