Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 28, 2017

...from the handiwork journal

I thought I'd post a handiwork update while the kitchen is in full swing.

. . . made more granny squares for the baby blanket, only 11 more to make. 




. . .making progress on the dishcloths.  Finished this one, which was gifted to my older brother for all that fish he gifted us.  Another one still continues in progress.




. . .started on a set of embroidered kitchen towels. These are for Grad Daughter's Hope Chest.  I had to hold this down in the wind to get a photo of it.





. . .progress on the crocheted baby (diamond stitch) blanket.  Although now halted due to running out of yarn.  It's a bit lighter of color (was a darker day out when I photographed this).



. . .started this baby blanket with stash yarn (but I know these brands are still being produced, so I'm safe with this one).   You can tell I had a lot of different purple yarns in my stash.



. . . started another washcloth, which we greatly need.  The store bought ones have been turned into rags, and the crocheted ones, last much longer.  I'm just using up stash yarn, so the color is just what I have on hand. 



. . . working on a dishcloth for sale.  Farmer's Market next year is in the works.  So far anyway. These are my thinnest dishcloths yet, using cotton #10 crochet thread.  they have a hook on top for easy hanging and drying, and are great for campers too.



. . . finished 5 more crocheted bracelets.  I just need to sew in ends and locate some buttons for them. 



. . . working on a winter slouchy hat.  It's in the itty bitty beginning stage.  These are popular in the fall, so I thought I better get started (again). 

It's might be time to open my Etsy store now.  Just maybe.

14 comments:

Susan said...

You are going like a house on fire! I really like the colors of the dishcloth for your brother - is it a sugar 'n cream yarn? (If that's the right name for the brand...)

Vicki said...

Talented lady!! I just love seeing what others are doing in the handiwork department.

Rain said...

Your projects are really pretty! I love the basil embroidery!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi! You sure are busy at making your crafts! I wondered if you could tell me what kind of material the embroidered towel is made of? Thanks! Nancy

Mama Pea said...

Hope you do open your Etsy store. Your work is lovely.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, yes, it's sugar and cream 100% cotton yarn for the dishcloths. I save any leftover small bits for my scrap yarn rugs too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Vicki!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain. I have several towels to embroider for her. I already have cat towels made for Youngest's hope chest. The older two girls didn't want any.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cozy Thyme - the towel is a flour sack towel.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, thank you so much!

Debby Flowers said...

Beautiful work Kristina! So glad you are feeling better. I do not crochet myself but love to buy dish clothes from church sales, craft sales, etc. The most impressive to me is that you make the time to do this! Love your embroidery too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, thank you. When I have anything tomato reducing, I sit and do handiwork while watching the pot. I don't have much time, but evenings are typically a good time to work on stuff.

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love all your projects and the colors you use are such pretty combinations. I don't know how you do it all with your garden and canning too and a house and a family! Women are amazing!
I have some old purple acrylic...what color do you need? Maybe I have it. Tell me on my blog so I don't forget! LOL!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, thank you. I actually have a skein coming to me in the mail soon (so thankful for that too). I have to sit with my leg up until the swelling is all gone, so I get porch time this week and next (in between canning and outdoor work). Not much reading though.