Skip to main content

Jack Daniel's Fudge ~ Holiday Prep

Don't throw tomatoes at me, ha ha!  I spent the Labor Day weekend laboring in the tomato patch(s).

Hubby and I had to re-tie the 100-some tomato plants and finally finished them up yesterday.  By the time we picked tomatoes, it was too hot to remain out there, and too late to start a batch of anything with tomatoes.

I tried a new recipe to see if it would be a different spin on a holiday treat for gatherings.  I lined a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper, then lightly oiled it.  You could use non-stick spray if you prefer.  I didn't use much at all really.  

Pour 1 cup of Jack Daniel's Whiskey over 2 pounds of sifted powdered sugar and stir.


Melt 12 oz. chocolate chips.  These non-gmo chips only come in 10 oz. bags, so that is what I used, but will add 2 oz. this coming Christmas when I take it to the gatherings.  You pour this over the powdered sugar mixture and mix very quickly, mixing well, then press into your prepared pan.
 

Let it sit 30 minutes.  Remove from parchment paper and then cut and let sit another hour until firm.  Delicious!  The whiskey is not cooked out for this recipe, and is an "adult" fudge.  The only problem now, is that only have 3 adults in this house, and a huge pan of fudge to eat, ha ha!  I think I will put it in the freezer.  

That new recipe took very little time, and I should have really been crocheting, but tomatoes are on the stove top again today.  Another batch of pizza sauce is reducing.  I have never canned "spaghetti" sauce, so I looked a few recipes up. The ingredients are very similar to my pizza sauce, so I'm not canning it.  If I need "spaghetti" sauce I will just pop open the pizza sauce and add my home canned tomato paste if needed.  

Comments

Susan said…
Oh, boy. There are a few adults on my holiday list who would live this!
Susan, a few family members on Hubby's side of the family have tasted it and last night I got a call from another one wanting to taste it, ha ha! It's pretty good. You just have to stir quickly, as it hardens fast, after you add the chocolate.
RB said…
The fudge sounds fabulous and easy. I wonder how you'd make it alcohol free though, cause you know it's going to be a fight to keep kids out of chocolate. LOL
I hope everyone's having a wonderful, safe day.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, my adult kids did not like it, other than my oldest daughter. She took half the pan to her condo, which she shares with many friends. The rest went to Hubby's family. Word got out, and we even got calls last night for more, ha ha! I just gave them the recipe.
Sam I Am...... said…
Sounds delicious although I'm not much of a candy eater. Great gift for those who are though!
Sam I Am, it tastes great if you like Jack Daniels. It makes a wonderful gift.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart