Skip to main content

Coming Home....

I'm bringing my husband home today folks.  He had the best care at the best hospital, and a high-five to Yawni, his nursing assistant who had us laughing a good amount of the time. Good laughter, good conversation, and lots of laughs.  Although I think Hubby talked her ear off with all my self-sufficient ways, and weed remedies, ha ha!  

He got to talking about comfrey and I could not stop the man. He is definitely feeling much better and I can't wait to sit on the porch and love on him today.  

Thank you for all your good thoughts, well wishes and prayers.  We will be celebrating life.  Tomatoes can wait.  Or they can be part of dinner.

The temperatures here really dropped, so the tomatoes may have rotted overnight anyway.  I better get this posted so I can get the laundry on the line before sun-up.  I have to get that love of my life back home where I can spoil him again.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Well, if that isn't the best of news first thing this morning!! Even though he's been gone a relatively short time, coming home today is going to feel WONDERFUL to your dear hubby. To heck with the tomatoes (!) and anything else. Take care of the very most important thing in the next several days . . . you and the "love of your life!"
Kim said…
Praise The Lord! I am so glad to hear he is coming home. And something like this surely puts things in perspective. Hugs to you both.
Sue O said…
Hooray! Prayers will continue for healing. Yup, right now your most important job is Hubby. So happy to see this this AM.

Sue
Susan said…
I am so happy for you! Hurray! I am sure that it was not only the great doctors and great hospital - it was also the great and tender care you provide him that put him on a healing path so quickly. Such good news!
Sam I Am...... said…
So happy for all of you. Maybe an annual checkup from now on and get yourself a blood pressure monitor for both of you..."the silent killer". Eating healthy is great but if you know there are heart problems in the family then you need to be proactive....cholesterol tests, blood pressure monitoring etc. I'm sure his doctor will inform him of what he needs to do and look out for. This was a "wake-up" call and trust me, we all get them if we're lucky! Blessings to your family.
RB said…
Glad to hear hubby is home again.
Prayers for you all as you go forward, and remember, you're not in this alone. God is right there with you because our prayers have placed your family in His hands.
God bless.
RB
<><
Kristina!
I just logged off the website for math and couldn't resist checking in on my blog reading! Yours is the first one I came to and have been sitting here reading this past weeks entries about your camping ordeal and your busy work... with you hubby in the hospital and then as I was reading forward...from the camping til now, I read it.
Your hubby had a heart attack!
Girl... I have chills just thinking about it. I know a lot of the things you're going through. It's been a little over five years since The Honey had that heart attack.
I'll be praying for you over the next few weeks! It is a hard situation to move through...but you will. So glad he is coming home already.
I know you will continue to take care of your family... with good food, fresh air and exercise (when the doctor permits)

praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart