Skip to main content

Thoughts, Plots and Knots ~ Gratitude

It seems the best thoughts and plots come to my brain when I am exercising, and I can't write them down.  I had a recorder at one time, so I'll have to do more cleaning and see if I can find it.

The exercise is starting to balance out now.  The tight knots I had in my hips and back are working themselves out.


I'm quite honestly running out of steam for this "extreme" clean going on here.  Although, I must be spreading motivational thoughts into my kid's heads.  I see them cleaning quite often in their rooms lately.

Don't throw tomatoes,
but my refrigerator is spic n' span clean now.  Hubby came home and said he wanted to put a lock on it (kids) ha ha!

Today's cleaning?  It's too nice to be inside.  I'm taking advantage of this most gorgeous day.  The sun is shining, birds are singing and the coop needs a good cleaning.  This weather won't last, so I'm going to make the most of it, and get outside. 

Good news to share!

Hubby went to the next meeting at college with our 19 year-old this week.  I had to pick up a kiddo at the high school, and everyone was gone, so I stayed home.  

They came home to tell me that she gets to start school next month (not next August).  They dropped the price by almost half, and the cost for each quarter is much, much lower.  

The other good news?  She was hired by the dog kennel and is starting work there next week.  She had an interview scheduled for a pet store the same day the dog kennel called her.  She took the job happily. 
 

Today I am thankful for:

~ waking up each morning
~ our veterinarian(s)
~ my eyesight
~ electricity and refrigeration 
~  trials and tribulations, because without them I would not gain the wisdom, knowledge and the good that God brings from them
~ honest people
~ the price drop on our one daughter's college cost
~ daughter getting hired
~ one, absolutely, beauituful day of sunshine
~ God's Protection     


Comments

Mama Pea said…
Yahoo and yay for the job in the dog kennel your daughter got!! She must be over the moon. It pays to go out there and search. Here's hoping good things start coming to her . . . and you all! Great news, too, on the college costs. 'Bout time that started happening.

Enjoy your sunshiney day. We ANOTHER gray, wet, drippy day here . . . boy howdy, could we use an infusion of sunshine!
Mama Pea, she is very happy! So are we. The sun is out, but the wind is pretty wicked. I hope it will calm down by afternoon here.
RB said…
Except for a fight with Leona, one of the cats (Bro Tom tried to bring her in when she wanted to stay out), it's been pretty quiet around the house today. Because she's a roamer, we put her outside in a kennel when she's not in the house. I tried to tell him to bring the kennel in with the cat in it and then open it inside the house, not to open it outdoors, grab the cat to bring her in and leave the kennel outside, but I don't think he grasped the concept. She's one that can be sweet one moment and have a Catitude the size of Montana the next, so I've found transferring the kennel in and out rather than the cat requires fewer bandaids.
So glad to hear your daughter got the job. I pray it's all she hopes it will be, and that she doesn't have to work with a cat like our Leona.
Prayers everyone has a safe happy week.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, our daughter that got the job is very good with animals. In fact we have a stray that we found has been staying in one of the barns, and she got close enough to pet him, and find out it's a "he." I don't need another stray here, so if he stays I hope he eats rodents.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart