Skip to main content

Organic Homemade Bubble Bath

My week started off in the opposite direction of happy, zippy, and oh so jolly.   My nerves needed a calm down time. I've wanted to try this recipe for so long - homemade bubble bath.

Guess what?  I made it but, never tried it last night.  Ha.  Jokes on me I guess for lack of brain memory space.  I was so involved with a crochet project, the night got away from me quickly. It goes to show folks though, how crocheting is a relaxing hobby too.



I'll give it a whirl soon, and let you know if it really "bubbles up" or not.  It's made with organic castille soap (liquid) - 1 cup, organic vegetable glycerin - 1/4 cup, organic honey - 1 Tbsp, and organic essential oil - 20 drops (I used clove bud).  Clove bud oil is often used for pain and stress, and has "relaxing" qualities.  You could add any essential oil to this.  I will try lavender and other oils in the future.

There are many different recipes online for bubble bath, so I'll be trying more if this one doesn't hold up. The recipe I made, makes approximately 1 1/4 cups, and you use 1/2 cup for the bath.



Comments

Kim said…
Interesting to see if you like it. Reminds me my mother use to make a bubbling bath oil I believe it was. Wow, that was years ago! I might have to look for that recipe.
Kim, I'll be sure to let you know. There are so many different recipes for it.
Sandra said…
The bubble bath sounds wonderful!
I am trying to make more of our own HBA items :) Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Mama Pea said…
I hope you drank some relaxing tea while you relaxed with your crocheting! Glad you got some soothing of nerves time in anyway.
Mama Pea, I made a hot cup of thyme tea. Today I may need some lemongrass, holy basil, or chamomile.
RB said…
Sounds lovely right now. I save all the rose scented Dove bath soap ends, put them in a Mason jar with water and sit them under the sink (out of way). Once the emulsion gets rather thick, whenever I need to refill the hand soap dispensers, I use this. It works and smells so good, like a nice clean bath.
I've also taken comfrey from the garden, put it into the toe of an old knee high hosiery, tied the top of the knee high around the tub faucet and let the water flow over the comfrey/knee high while filling the tub. It's relaxing and makes the skin feel so silky. I've also done it with fresh lavender for a relaxing scent.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I love lavender too. So relaxing.
RB said…
Funny story.
One year I planted lavender in big pots beside the porch swing, thinking as we swang (swung?) back and forth, the swing would brush the lavender and send up the scents. When the flowers came up, they were petunias, not lavender, so I figured the seeds had gotten in the wrong pouch at the seed factory and we enjoyed the petunias until the first frost killed them.
The next spring when I was going to plant petunias in the pots (I figured worked once, might as well try them again), there were new sprouts in the pots, so I left them alone. When they matured, it was lavender that came up and lavender has come up in those pots ever since then.
True story!
I don't know how to explain it.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart