Skip to main content

from the handiwork journal. . .

. . . crocheted a few dozen or so more of these granny squares.   I've put it on the "back burner" so many times that I am pushing myself to get this blanket off the "unfinished" list.  I need 192 total granny squares.




. . . made one batch of handmade hand lotion.  I would call this "handiwork" today.   








Comments

Mama Pea said…
Then after you get the 192 granny squares finished . . . you get to put them all together! :o} I once made my mom an afghan of knitted strips, a bit intricate with cables, yarn overs, etc. I didn't think I'd ever get the seven strips done, but they were nothing compared to sewing the strips together!!
Mama Pea, I hope to get some done this weekend. They said it would warm up, but the wind continues to be a wicked cold temp out there. Hubby says we are keeping the blanket for our own future grandkids, ha ha!
Dawn said…
I keep looking at unfinished projects, pick them up do a bit then put it down again, one day I am sure my unfinished project box will be empty :-)
Susan said…
I have to look up your hand lotion recipe. I'm going through tons of it this winter!
Dawn, I never thought this one would take so long (sigh)
RB said…
Kristina, you have a knack for choosing the prettiest colors to put together. The colors on the Granny Squares are lovely.
Today I washed all the various animal blankets. I have two sets, one is always in the wash while the other is in use. I wash a set every other day. Today was the day, but so worth it, to see them snuggled into their nice clean blankets.
We have two cats with the sniffles. Going out to get them a humidifier tomorrow, then wait for 10 days to see if it clears up. If not, then we'll get them to a vet cause if it lasts longer than 10 days, it's more than just a cold.
Prayers everyone has a safe happy week.
God bless.
RB
<><
P.S. - I got the "handiwork" pun. LOL
RB, thanks. I hope your cats are okay. We once took a barn cat to the vet with bad congestion. She was pregnant at the time, and she got treated, had her babies and recovered.
RB said…
Thanks Katrina. If they're not better in a couple days, off to the vet they'll go, but the one really hates being put in the carrier, screaming and hissing the whole way - so I drag my feet doing it. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart