Skip to main content

Stitching in Red

One daughter did some mowing for me, but it's still too wet to weed.  The temperature however, has been cool and comfortable.   

I was in the kitchen working, when I glanced out to see our, now 16 year-old, on the mower.  She was driving it across to mow another area, but had her head down looking at her ipod, while driving.  I shook my head.  Yep.  Hubby is teaching that one to drive, not me. 


With no ambition to clean my bathroom, I opted for handiwork.  Shhh!  Don't tell Hubby.

I am gaining on a finish in the kitchen however.  I need a few more drawer pulls from town first.


I should have been working on the granny square baby blanket (remember that old project), but decided to switch gears and do some embroidery. 

One of the girls asked me, "Is that hen doing housework?" Ha ha!  


Kind of cute, right?  I got one done anyway. Then it was back to some gifts I am making. 

Hubby has today off, and sleeping in was a good idea until a giant orange fur-ball plopped on top of me and stared into my face.

Today is a good day to spend some time on the porch.  First, I have to see if we are cutting wood.  Or a tree down.  Our helper for the day may need to work.  It wouldn't be right to end the day without some hard work around here.  

Comments

Kim said…
i am glad that things seem to be looking up for you.
Thanks Kim. Hubby likes the towel, and is happy to have new towels in the kitchen. And I'm glad to get the kitchen in order. I'm learning to switch "gears" more easily now.
Mama Pea said…
Ah, yes, teaching the teenie-boppers to drive. Eeeeek! Not for the faint-hearted. Our daughter caught on pretty quickly because she grew up driving a tractor. Still, I know there were scary moments I was probably never told about.

Who wouldn't rather do just about ANYTHING than clean the bathroom? Always feels so good when it's done though, doesn't it?

We've been trying to hit the wood working hard this week, but skipped it today because of other things deemed more important. We're planning a quiet 4th tomorrow so maybe we'll do some then.
Mama Pea, that's so true about a clean bathroom. I wish I could say we've gotten caught up with wood, but we have not.
RB said…
Happy Independence Day to you all. Remember those who sacrificed paid the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy the freedoms we have today.
Stomach feeling a little off today, not sure why. Was going to lay low, but ended up washing and hanging out a load of laundry flats. Was suppose to rain, but it's afar off yet according to the radar, is breezy and I'm sure those things will dry long before rain gets here, so I'm blessed about that.
And please remember to safely secure your critters for any fireworks that may be going off tonight.
Have a safe happy holiday!!!
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I hope you are feeling better. Last night we had to put Jesse's Thundershirt on him. The fireworks were really bothering him.
EMMA said…
Wow your embroidery is amazing!
Happy 4th July!
ps. just finished cleaning my bathroom!!!
Thanks Emma, I kind of cheated on using one color, but love how the red turned out.
Lovely work on this redwork towel!
Bits of Stitching, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart