Skip to main content

....that word again ~ Random Tidbits

Unfinished.

Maybe it's two words - unfinished projects.


I've gotten too many irons in the fire lately, and need to stop myself and regroup.  And I'm only talking about the fun stuff, not the daily to-do list.


The daily inbox teasers do not help either. 

This one arrived from my sister-in-law:


A crocheted door wreath.  How fun, right?

This arrived recently too:


I have wanted to make a granny square bag for a while, but have a ton of bags already.  Maybe I'll put this on my list for a gift idea. 

I just get so many good, fun, want-to-make-it ideas, that I get myself into an overwhelming mess. I think they call that an addiction of sorts, ha ha!

Time to re-group, get one thing done first, then move on.  Good thing it's raining today.


Yesterday I put a bucket of water out the door, to get it out of my way and put on muck boots.

There a a bit of a distance from where the goats are and the door, and when the water bucket tapped the bucket making a teensy sound, Misty flipped her head around quickly and looked directly me.  Last weekend they were spooked badly and have been on edge ever since.   


I declare.  This Spring is terrible in regards to allergies.  It appears that mine are at their worst with me when we have a lot of wind.  I woke up to coughing, swollen lymph nodes, runny nose, watery eyes.  I took my herbal mixture, and within minutes, I could breathe better.  I'll have to mix up some hot ginger tea today too.

I borrowed this book from the library.  There are recipes in it too.  Did you know you can make beer from burdock and dandelions?  There is a recipe in this book for that too. 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Great minds think alike! I decided that Fridays were going to be "finish Fridays". I didn't blog about it but maybe next Friday I will. I did finish my socks last week and last night I finished cutting out the placemats....remember when I started those? January? LOL!
Sam I am, I like the idea of "finish Friday's."
RB said…
If I don't make a list, little gets done. Brother Tom was teasing me about making a list, always losing it and starting a new one, at the top of which is the line that always says "Find old list". Finally I jumped on him and said I wasn't losing the lists, he was moving them (which he tried to deny). I said that I put them right where I need them to be (the top of the dryer with a pen to add to it), and he moves it from there to God only knows where as his way of tidying up (which generally means putting all my stuff out of sight, often while leaving his lying around out in the open). Anyway, after that he didn't move my list, and all but one thing on it got done, so I feel like I've had a very fruitful weekend, and also, I think that list not moving was proof he's been moving them too. ;o)

Though I have heard of dandelion wine and dandelion jelly, I did not know you could make beer with dandelions and burdock.

God bless.

RB
<><
RB, I think Hubby moves his list, so I taped it up in the kitchen, ha ha!
RB said…
Good idea Kristina, with good strong duct tape I hope.
Wonder if he "moves" it or "tries to hide" it. LOL

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart